What lessons have you learned?
Life is full of adventure! There are highs and lows and ebbs and flows. These things are a constant and are inevitable. What is not inevitable is learning the lessons that life so graciously tries to teach us. One of the great tragedies in life is not learning the lessons, but opening ourselves up to learn the lessons calls for a commitment to self-reflection. My personal life and career have both been filled with challenges, obstacles, adversity, extreme highs, and extreme lows. And at this point in my life I can truly say, I am grateful for them all. They have all shaped me and contributed to the person I am today. I'm not perfect, but I am better than I was yesterday. Throughout my career I have learned:
* Everyone is not present for the same noble reasons;
* Each level of my life was preparing for the next level of my life;
* You have to have strength for the journey;
* We have to be careful what we pray for; we just might get it;
* Being content may be comfortable, but we can find ourselves living below our destiny;
* Snakes come in all forms;
* Builders labor and occupiers benefit from that person's labor. It's good to know our role;
* We can sometimes use the phrase, "I'm just doing my job" as a scapegoat when our actions and our core beliefs no longer align; and
* Being still is hard but sometimes necessary even when we become anxious and are ready to move on.
Preview of Any Given Monday... An Urban Educator's Journey #AGM Coming this fall. You don't want to miss this! Prepare to get your copy!
My Life, My Journey, My Testimony
Real Life! Real Talk! Real Change!
This is a Real Moment with DrB!, telling you to B! and to B!Real